<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/27459027?origin\x3dhttp://ugh-here-goes.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Sunday, May 23, 2010

Michael bore his eyes into Will, scanning him. He met him briefly at the wedding, and despite the fact that he’d broken Joy’s heart, Michael thought Will was a laid-back person, and very easy to talk to. Michael couldn’t understand why he was here, or if he should tell him what his sister had done to him.

Will tightened his grip on the box. He didn’t want to leave the house without telling her how he really felt about her, but at the same time he didn’t think it was appropriate to plainly state his feelings for Joy in front of her two friends. Shifting his weight uncomfortably, Will realized that everyone seemed to be staring at each other with a good amount of shock. Joy, especially, looked just like the first time she watched Boxman beat Ian up – the feeling of shock and mild dismay.

Kaitlin bent over the sofa and scooped up her bag, before grabbing Michael’s arm and dragging him out of the house, politely explaining that he was going to send her home, though it was apparent that Michael was too shocked to even move on his own. The door clicked shut behind Kaitlin, leaving Will and Joy standing facing each other, as awkward as two perfect strangers.

It wasn’t the right feeling – things had changed. Will knew this, he could feel it, but he charged ahead anyway. He gripped the metal box till his knuckles turned white, and eventually, after a long moment of absolute silence, opened the box and pulled out the newly-discovered letter.

“I read the letter. I came to tell you my side of the story.”

Joy walked up slowly and picked the letter out of Will’s hands. His heart trashed around crazily in his chest. In the past, Joy would probably have gladly sat down and listened intently to what he had to say. This time, though, Joy looked at the letter for a long time, and gave it back to Will. She didn’t want to hear what he had to say. He was married, and she didn’t want to give up Michael. It was as simple as that; nothing less, nothing more.

Explanations flowed around in his brain and tried to rush out of his mouth, but Will stopped them. The fact that it was a loveless marriage, the fact that he and Michelle were childhood friends, the fact that Joy was the love of his life – these facts didn’t matter anymore. The only thing he could see hear and know was that things had changed, and the relationship between Joy and himself was different.

He grabbed his bag and box, apologized for the trouble, and walked out, closing the door behind him with a click.

@ 5:54 AM

profile
CPS CGS!
11.08.95
3S2A
But I still miss 6A yeah. But heck, I miss all my old classes - I want to be young again!
Um, I've always wondered if animals could fly one day, I mean, there is alr AirPork. Maybe there'll be AirCow or AirChicken.
I like Ruffles. And FamousAmos. And blackcurrant juice gummies.
Synapse Group 1; Bintan Group 4; IC Group 6!
I think you should stop reading my profile.

tagboard